Soul Winning pt 3 by Ps Larry Elliott
Proverbs 11:30-31 TPT “But a life lived loving God bears lasting fruit, for the one who is truly wise wins souls. If the righteous are barely saved, what’s in store for all the wicked?”
These verses speak to us about living with intention and purpose as His Disciples…
To WIN-SOULS we saw last week is to live an ATTRACTIVE life by allowing JESUS to shine through your way of living.
THE CHALLENGE TO BE A SOUL-WINNER (how to, the challenge and the challengers) There are 8
- We must Pray & ask to be passionate about sharing the Gospel (in me and the people I lead and disciple) SO COME IN PRAY AND ASK GOD FOR PASSION TO SHARE THE GOSPEL WITH OTHER… come & passion = COMPASSION
- EVERY BELIEVER IS called to be a Fisherman. (not the Pastor or the person next to you) BUT YOU (God will give youa strategy and use your creativity to do WIN OTHERS FOR HIM)
– God hasn’t called us to just come religiously to church every week and then go Home and never leave a mark or make a difference…..
Matthew 4:19-22 NKJV “Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” They immediately left their nets and followed Him. Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets.(Ephesians 4:11 EQUIP) He called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.”
Becoming a Disciple, is following the person JESUS placed in your life as they “mend your net” so you go and catch many FISH…
God has called each one of us to be a NET-MENDER to be accurate in using the name of Jesus to make a difference!
- You cannot be a Witness if you are ashamed of the Gospel.
Just share the GOSPEL; it takes BOLD / COURAGE to stand firm and let others know who you belong to….
Romans 1:16 AMPC “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God’s power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek,”
Romans 1:17 NKJV “For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.””
It takes FAITH to Believe God can use you to save others while helping you become like Him…. You have an incredible treasure inside, why are you we sharing it!
Mark 8:36-38 NKJV “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.””
COME ON CHURCH LET US ARISE AND BE SOUL-WINNERS!
- WE MUST ALL Do the work of an evangelist;
2 Timothy 4:5 NKJV “But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.”
Fulfilling your ministry comes after you do the the work, everyone wants to walk in there “dream” but they don’t want to do the “WORK”
Let’s stop talking about all you want to do until you have led someone to Jesus. (THE CHALLENGE, this means, People should be able to see some thing about you that’s different)
- God wants to use you, AS His mouth piece (Plead through you), you are HIS ambassador:
2 Corinthians 5:20 NKJV “Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.”
One of the reasons God rejected Israel is the never took HIS message & mercy to other people.
GOD TOOK YOU FROM A NOTHING TO BEEN A SOMEBODY, you are RIGHTEOUS, you are ANOINTED you have been called…..
IF THE MESSAGE IS GOING OUT ITS GOT TO BE THROUGH YOU!
- We must all Be prepared (ready) to give an answer (defense) for your HOPE.
– Its the Forgiveness God has Graciously given to you, His love, His Faithfulness and that He has made you BRAND NEW, His made it possible for me to be FORGIVEN!
1 Peter 3:15 NKJV “Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it.”
- God had instructed us to share the Gospel & Make Disciples.
Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.”
Please note it wasn’t a Devine Suggestion, it is the GREAT COMMISSION!
Matthew 10:14 NKJV “And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.”
- Make yourself a FRANCES LIST-of who I should be reaching out to:
B begin with prayer
L listen to them
E eat a meal (share)
S serve them (find a need)
S share your story (testimony)