Creating Your World pt 2
Rest produces Motion
Hebrews 11:3 AMPC “By faith we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible.”
Revelation No. 1: Rest (it is Finished)
Revelation No. 2: Grace & Faith (Work Together not alone)
Revelation No. 3: Gods Got You
Revelation No. 4: God Won’t Answer that!
Revelation No. 5: God’s Love is Greater
Revelation No. 1: Rest (it is Finished)
Ephesians 2:6 NKJV “and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,”
REST is a spiritual Posture (attitude or position) that creates MOTION
Hebrews 4:1-3 NKJV “Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.”
- There is a REST GOD needs for His people to walk in, if we are to access what He has in mind for us!
- We are in need of “supernatural” results but they come from RESTING in Jesus not with human effort!
# Remember Jesus telling Peter to cast the net on the “other-side” (Luke 5:3-7)
Hebrews 4:9-13 NKJV “There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.”
- We must learn firsthand that it’s one thing to say something is true, but it’s another to believe so strongly in God’s faithfulness and the integrity of His Word, that one lives in a place of REST!
II Corinthians 4:13 NKJV “And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also believe and therefore speak,”
– REST shows the Lord you TRUST HIM and are relying on Him.
– REST keeps us positioned & walking in PEACE.
– REST keeps our JOY active.
– REST produces a heart of Gratitude (Thankfulness).
– REST will FOCUS your attention on what we have in Christ and not on what we don’t have or what hasn’t happened for us!
- That’s why many are distracted, disillusioned and even frustrated, they are trying to work everything out in there own ability! (SURRENDER MEANS YOU GIVE GOD BACK HIS RIGHT TO PARTNER WITH YOU & HE BECOMES THE SNR PARTNER)
- Doing it your way only serves to keep strengthens your belief that you are LACKING or they don’t qualify for some reason!
- When you meditate on the Word, spend time with the LORD His presence provides REST and it’s from REST that everything you need even in the STORM will manifest!
- RESTING IN YOUR COVENANT CREATES THE ATMOSPHERE THAT PRODUCES GODLY RESULTS AND OUTCOMES (the outcome is not the big deal, your life before God and how it impacts others IS! Jesus knows what you actually need more than you do!
- Know beyond any doubt that today Jesus’ provision in your life, will always exceed your expectations!
II Corinthians 3:4-6 NKJV “And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,” “who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.”
II Corinthians 3:7-8 NKJV “But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?”
II Corinthians 3:9-11 NKJV “For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.”
II Corinthians 3:12-15 NKJV “Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.”
II Corinthians 3:16-18 NKJV “Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
DECIDE TO REST IN JESUS & allow the Holy Spirit to do a work inwardly, that will keep us aligned with God and Create our World as we partner with Him!
YOU ARE A WORLD SHAKER AND A HISTORY MAKER!
REMIND ABOUT VISION: every believer a leader, every leader a disciple-maker! 21 Days of Fasting (2 Jan) end on Sunday 21st
Revelation No. 2: Grace & Faith (Together not independently)
GRACE makes it available, FAITH takes it!
The 1st act of Grace was to place you in Christ and SEAT YOU (REST)
Ephesians 2:5-6 AMP “even when we were [spiritually] dead and separated from Him because of our sins, He made us [spiritually] alive together with Christ (for by His grace—His undeserved favor and mercy—you have been saved from God’s judgment). And He raised us up together with Him [when we believed], and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, [because we are] in Christ Jesus,”
- So You give your life to Jesus and are immediately SEATED with GOD in Christ (complete & spiritually restored in righteousness, but you don’t even really understand it yet)?
GRACE makes this available, but FAITH takes it and lives it out…
Ephesians 2:7-10 NKJV “that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
Hebrews 4:14-16 NKJV “Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
GRACE has already made everything we need for life and godliness available, by FAITH you TAKE it and it becomes reality in your daily living!
Romans 5:2 NKJV “through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”
FAITH IS NOW (Hebrews):
– Faith is the SUBSTANCE
– Faith is what pleases God
– Faith speaks (it calls things into being)
BUT THEN…James speaks about FAITH is taking action on what we Believe to be true!
FAITH IS WORKS or corresponding action to what we trust and believe God is doing in is and through us!
In other words, grace makes; faith takes. What does faith take? It takes what grace has made. Trying to use faith to do something beyond what grace has made available is impossible.
Instead, faith possesses what grace provides. So faith must be developed to acquire what grace has provided.
Introduce the beautiful balance of FAITH (Works) and GRACE (God provision in-spite of you)
So let’s take a look at what Ps James shares with us to bring more clarity;
James 2:14-16 NKJV “What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?”
- If desire to create the world that God desires for us, it will demand FAITH and we will be forced out of our comfort zone!
And that means knowing that FAITH without works is dead.
God has called us to do more than just avoid failure, He wants us to step out of the boat and walk on the water (of our lives struggles)
James 2:17-20 NKJV “Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?”
- As a disciple you cannot expect to tip toe through life with any challenges, the presence of challenges simply says, I’m with you and not finished with you, don’t quit now!
James 2:21-24 NKJV “Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.”
- God designed us for a life of FAITH and adventure and He is definitely not predictable!
IF YOU ARE FACING A STORM YOU NEED TO ACCURATELY ASSESS YOU CURRENT POSITION…..
Then you will know what you need to trust God to create as you blast through your mountain Complacency is a GIANT to the believer and will stop you in your tracks and prevent you from growing..
What is stopping you from stepping out on the assurance of the WORD!