Numbers 13:30-31 NKJV “Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, “Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.”
But the men who had gone up with him said, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we.”
Mark 10:27 NKJV “But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”
PSALMS 37: 3-4 NKJV “TRUST in the Lord and do GOOD. DWELL in the land, and feed on His Faithfulness, Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.”
As David write Psalms 37, he is writing to those who are watching the prosperity of the wicked and are tempted to frustration or envy.
This is a wisdom Psalm and is organized as an acrostic. He encouraging people of God to continue trust Him. We must not be shortsighted in the end the wicked will be judged and the RIGHTEOUS will be blessed.
TRUST IN THE LORD
God knows that if we acknowledge Him in all our ways and TRUST Him in all the ups and downs of life, He will direct our going out and our coming in and He will govern our lives in a way that is best for us and those around us.
- We are to TRUST Him in the temporal as well as the spiritual.
- We are to TRUST Him for things of the body as well as the soul.
- We are to TRUST Him in season and into eternity
- We are to TRUST Him in all ages and stages of our lives.
- We are to TRUST Him in the significant menial tasks of the day as well the grandeur decisions that face us in life.
- We are to TRUST Him in every aspect of His great plan of salvation.
JEREMIAH 29:11 NKJV “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of PEACE and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope “.
HERE: God wants us to TRUST in Him, to believe His WORD, to have FAITH in Him, even when we don’t understand.
ROMANS 10:17 NKJV “So then FAITH comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God ”
HEBREWS 11:6 NKJV “But without FAITH it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is,and He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him”
WE ARE CALLED TO DO GOOD
- Called to love one another and be mercifully
- Called to forgive one another.
MATTHEW 18:21-22 NKJV “Then Peter came to Him and said ” Lord how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him; up to seven times? Jesus said to him, I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven ”
- Called to consider others as better than ourselves.
- Called to follow His paths and listen to His guidance.
The only way that can make us GOOD is when we are in CHRIST and when we are in union with Him through FAITH in Him .
2 CORINTHIANS 5:17 NKJV “Therefore, If anyone is in CHRIST, he is a new creation,old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new ”
No matter what happens in life, our times are in His hands and we are called on to TRUST all into His hands for this is good and honoring to Him. We are to do good things that He has prepared for us to do in His strength and power, knowing that He is faithful God and His FAITHFULNESS is new every morning. GREAT IS HIS FAITHFULNESS
DWELL IN THE LAND AND FEED ON FAITHFULNESS:
The Hebrew word “YASHABH”means “to sit down ” DWELL ie we are to settle down.
- Dwelling in God gives us REST, PEACE, TRANQUILITY or STILLNESS of the HEART and MIND
PSALMS 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth”.
- Dwelling in God gives time to read scripture slowly.
- Dwelling in God gives us time to MEDITATE-reflect on what you are hearing.
- Gives us quite time of prayer.
PSALMS 37:4 is not a promise that God will give you WHATEVER you want but it is a PROMISE that as you seek God with all your heart and delight in Him, in His presence, then He promises to fill your heart’s desires because you will want what He wants.
DAVID IS GIVING US 3 TIPS ON HOW TO DELIGHT IN THE LORD HERE IN PSALMS 37:
- PSALM 37:3 TRUST in the Lord and do GOOD;DWELL in the land, and feed on HIS FAITHFULNESS.
- PSALM 37:5 COMMIT your way to the Lord, TRUST also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.
- PSALM 37:7 REST in the Lord, And WAIT PATIENTLY for Him ; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his ways, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass..
DON’T BE AFRAID:
We are living in the promises of everlasting LIFE ie Jesus
JOHN 10:10(b) NKJV “I have come that they may have life and they may have it MORE ABUNDANTLY. “
WORD LIFE means:
L -OVED- unconditionally
I – NVITED-not forced
F -REED-not restricted
E – TERNALLY SECURED – on earth and in heaven.