Mindset: Living with the right Mindset
Hebrews 11 :6 (NIV) 6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
Faith defined: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Just as our physical eyesight is the sense that gives us evidence of the material world, faith is the “sense” that gives us evidence of the invisible, spiritual world.
Faith is also needed for what we can’t see and can’t touch. Faith is not a bare belief or intellectual understanding. It is a willingness to trust in, to rely on, and to cling to.
God wants us to stir up our faith and start believing He will do greater things than we’ve known in the past. He wants to do miracles in your life! But you must increase your faith, release your faith, and keep believing God, trusting that He can and will make a way for you when there seems to be no way_ (see Isaiah 43:15-19.
From Hebrews 11v6 it says that without faith it is impossible to please Him: This is the basic faith required of any who seeks God. One must believe that He is, and one must believe He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. We must believe that God is there, and that He will reveal Himself to the seeking heart.
The writer to the Hebrews didn’t say that it is difficult to please God without faith. He said that it is impossible.
There are three examples of this in the Bible that demonstrate this truth…
- In Luke 5, a paralyzed man wanted to get to Jesus so He could heal him(see Luke 5:18-25.)
- Zaccheus was so determined to see Jesus that he climbed up in a tree so he could see Him when He passed by. (see Luke 19:1-9.)
- Blind Bartimaeus was so determined to meet Jesus that he shouted, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” (see Mark 10:46-52.)
Mindset in Challenging Situations
In increasing our faith life we need to know how to How to deal with your belief system. This is one of the greatest challenges that many believers face. Experience teaches us that if two people look at the same thing, each of them will see something different.
Each one of us views life a different way and the way in which we view life is mostly through the experiences that we have gone through.
- Our view of life is shaped by the mindset we bring to each opportunity life presents to us,
- Our view of people is shaped by what we have been taught about people and what our past experiences have been with people,
- Our view of God is shaped by what we have been taught about God and what are past spiritual experiences have been.
Two key areas where this principle is vitally important and can dictate the way you experience life is as follows
- The way we view ourselves.
It is said that a man who can recognise the way his mind shapes him and who can bring his own mind under discipline to proper thinking is the man who can do almost anything.
Family the battlefield is not in your bank account or mortgage or business or children or husband or wife or boss, the battlefield is how you operate your mind
To be great and to achieve your own success in life, you must begin the journey with an unshakeable confidence in your own abilities.
View yourself through the eyes of God.
To see yourself the way God sees you is the only accurate way to grasp your true identity and potential. The scripture also says that faith is something that is hoped for and that means that in time true faith will yield the thing that is desired.
- Faith in God is the ability to see Gods potential in your current situation. It’s the ability to clearly know in your heart and mind and is that God can make a river in the desert in what you’re going through.
- The key is to see yourself accurately, and the most accurate picture you can ever get of yourself is the picture that God has already painted of you in heaven. Do not focus on the picture you have painted in your own mind.
What do you need to say to yourself every day, my attitude is not dependent upon the temporary circumstances that surround me, because those circumstances will rise and fall. Sometimes, they will be grapes on the vine, and sometimes they won’t. Sometimes my crops will be abundant and sometimes they will not. But I will have a positive mental attitude, because I choose to have one.
In conclusion family, 1. have confidence in yourself. and then 2. have faith in God who sees the way you were created to be, not the way you currently see yourself and certainly not the way the other see you.
You have greatness in you, because God has made you. Now it’s up to you to grab hold of that fact and build your life upon the fact from this point forward.
Leadership Key: Faith-filled leaders possess hope for a better future, and believe that God will help them realize that vision. Therefore, this hope is based on faith in a divine promise based on the evidence of His will in Scripture over your life.