Growing in Praise pt 3
Psalms 71:14 NKJV “But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more.”
Praise Him More & More
We ended last week on Praise & Worship keeps winning! (2 Chronicles 20:20-22)
- The power of right Believing
- 2. The power of releasing heart engaged Praise
- No matter how many times you have failed and fallen short, and even if the troubles that surround you are a consequence of your own actions, turn to the Lord today and Praise Him for His Goodness, Praise Him for His Mercy & Grace.
When you are feeling down, overwhelmed, or fearful, worship Him by declaring “the Lord is Good & His Mercy endures FOREVER” as you praise Him, He will “set ambushes” against all your enemies, troubles, fears, challenges, and addictions!!!
Praise helps you STEP into your Purpose and know Gods Will
Acts 13:2 NIV ““While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.””
- Purpose is not about us choosing Him, but that He has chosen us. The Lord has personally selected you, even in the very word for church (eccelsia) is the idea of our being called out.
I Peter 2:4-5 NKJV “Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
I Peter 2:9 NKJV But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;”
- He has called us out of our own plan for our lives, and out of the confusion of our past.
Philippians 3:12 NKJV “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
- Then once He calls us out, He calls us in, into the excellency of His Kingdom, into communion with Him, and into His plan for our lives.It may sometimes seem that the plan lies just around the next bend in the road of our spiritual walk with Christ, just beyond our reach or not very well defined. But we “press on” so that we may grasp God’s plan for us—the plan that God has in mind when He “grasped” us! Keep moving on! His plan is there for you! And it is in His plan that you will find your firmest purpose, deepest fulfillment, and highest joy.
Worship brings healing and deliverance
- Worship is showing the Lord Him that’s His your 1st love, that you are submitted to Him, and telling Him you can’t do it on your own and don’t want to even if you thought you could!
Matthew 8:1-3 NKJV “When He had come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed Him. And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.”
- There is A POWER in true Worship (not a ritual or singing songs, but a lifestyle) to meet all your needs & cause you to walk in His Strength!
Worship will defeat barrenness and fruitlessness
- Worship is a weapon that is available to you and I to use in our everyday battles, but also in our success!
Isaiah 54:1-3 NKJV ““Sing, O barren, You who have not borne! Break forth into singing, and cry aloud, You who have not labored with child! For more are the children of the desolate Than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord. “Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left, And your descendants will inherit the nations, And make the desolate cities inhabited.”
Praise and Worship is a practical way to exercise your “Authority”
Ephesians 5:17-20 MSG “Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants. Don’t drink too much wine. That cheapens your life. Drink the Spirit of God, huge draughts of him. Sing hymns instead of drinking songs! Sing songs from your heart to Christ. Sing praises over everything, any excuse for a song to God the Father in the name of our Master, Jesus Christ.”
- PRAISE & WORSHIP is one of the BELIEVERS GREATEST OPPORTUNITIES, to honour God and walk in the Spirit let’s not neglect it!
Psalms 75:1 MSG “We thank you, God, we thank you— your Name is our favourite word; your mighty works are all we talk about.”
PRAISE is FAITH in ACTION
Hebrews 11:11 TPT “Sarah’s faith embraced God’s miracle power to conceive even though she was barren and was past the age of childbearing, for the authority of her faith rested in the One who made the promise, and she tapped into his faithfulness.”
John 16:33 AMPC “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]”