Position reveals your condition and your condition exposes your position
Last week we spoke about ‘Kings’, that there is a way that Kings reign— through the vista of Gods word. By training and cultivating themselves to be spiritual rainmakers…creating an atmosphere for God to work through the right speech. Our words carry POWER— and they ought to be-fitting of our Reign as kings.
Becoming like the one who formed us with His words in His image and likeness. To become an imitator of God starts by being in The presence of God – The Secret Place the the whole of Ephesians 5 ,Imitate God
- This week we will focus on the Priest of your life – building a sacred alter of prayer.
- “ Don’t just pray when you feel like it. Make an appointment with the Lord and keep it, a man is powerful on his knees” –
The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man (believer) is able to accomplish much [when put into action and made effective by God—it is dynamic and can have tremendous power].
Last week we spoke about how Elijah like a rainmaker produced words that broke the drought.
James 5:16-18 AMP “Elijah was a man with a nature like ours [with the same physical, mental, and spiritual limitations and shortcomings], and he prayed intensely for it not to rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. Then he prayed again, and the sky gave rain and the land produced its crops [as usual].”
The scripture says that Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, but he prayed intensely. (He prayed with power)
Obtaining power is time spent in preparation and meditation on Gods word.
Malachi 2:7 AMP “For the lips of the priest should guard and preserve knowledge [of My law], and the people should seek instruction from his mouth; for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.”
Ephesians 5:18-19 AMP “Do not get drunk with wine, for that is wickedness (corruption, stupidity), but be filled with the [Holy] Spirit and constantly guided by Him. Speak to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, [offering praise by] singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord;”
The only problem is our earthly languages are limited. We have a gift from God that holds intense power and capacity— our heavenly language – Tongues
Tongues is the language of the Kingdom of God whereby we communicate fervently or intensely with God. As we see in…Acts 2:4
Acts 2:4 NKJV “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
Acts 2:15-17 NKJV “For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;…”
Power and Prayer
In a day and a time where we live under extreme pressures of many kinds, God saw the need for a secure and private line for us to talk to our Heavenly Father with the power of His Holy Spirit for guidance, assistance and governance the speaking in the Spirit accesses that power.
But as believer’s we over look the depth of value it brings to our lives… we not convinced we need power unless we are in the 5fold ministry and we tend to think the Gift of the Holy Spirit as a gift for someone else, let’s get something else from his treasury. The key is praying in the Spirit helps us access everything else he has for us in His treasury…
Building an Alter of Prayer
Knowing God is not just getting all the time, it’s giving to Him, the sacrificing of ourselves to create intimacy with Him Creating a place where we can immerse ourselves in prayer establishing a solidarity in our walk with Him as we get to know His heart for us. While He works in our heart.
So that our partnership is an inter dependency on Him.
Coming consistently into His Presence, (beyond the veil) the secret place we begin to build an Alter of sacred prayer, and worship as we become accustomed to His sayings, and hear His voice. We will begin to recognize the sound of His voice when he calls in the night as with Eli and Samuel, 1Samuel 3:1-3, 1Kings 19:11-13 or the still small voice in the storms.
Prayer is the attitude of the Heart of a ‘King’ and the Posture of a ‘Priest’
At the altar of prayer— we build intimacy and trust. eg. a mother responding to a baby crying outside. Or sensing that the need to check up on their children. A nursing mom has a bond with her child, A suckling baby dependent oh her milk- the mother knows the need by the cry.
As babes we know the scent & presence of our parents.
We have to know who our Father God is.
John 10:2-3 NKJV “But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.”
We must establish within ourselves we are His sheep & know his voice, is there contact between you and God? … no one can do it for you.
John 10:4-5 NKJV “And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.””
As the saying goes, dig your own well.
Just receiving a weekly impartation won’t create intimacy, it builds our knowledge of God as we come together, remember the tabernacle. The flesh is the Outer-Court singing and dancing— stripping off of the fleshly things The church is a type of Laver where we get washed by the water of the word softening our hearts before His Alter where we offer our sacrifices to God. Communion is partaking in Gods promises. Then we go beyond the veil the inner Sanctuary (The Secret Place) where we really begin to get intimate with God. This is where we obtain mercy as we establish things in the realm of the Spirit. Prayer creates a legal ground for God, His angels and the spiritual realm to intervene and offer assistance in our lives. It’s in the Inner sanctuary … where he trains you to hear his voice We don’t know his voice, we hear a lot of things then say it’s God. But if it was God we wouldn’t find ourselves Unassisted by the realms of the Spirit at times. When we cry out to God for help he will help us, but …God needs our permission to intervene.
Psalm 115:16 NKJV “The heavens, even the heavens are the Lords.”
Man has dominion over the earth and through prayer we give God permission to intervene in our affairs. When we pray and request help from God; we ought to stand back to let God, otherwise we short circuit Gods intervention. The purposes of God can never be produced in man’s strength. We need the Power of God.
Psalms 147:5 NKJV “Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.”
I Chronicles 29:11 NKJV “Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, The power and the glory, The victory and the majesty; For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, And You are exalted as head over all.”
What is Gods power? We need to and stretch ourselves to see what is the various dimensions of His power.
- Acknowledging who God and His power sets a platform for him to work …“Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, The power and the glory, The victory and the majesty;
- Acknowledge what he rules over, speaks of the vast expanse he has power over…For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, And You are exalted as head over all.”
Definition of power biblically
Thessalonians 1:11 that “every resolve for good and every work of faith” that you and I accomplish is by means of his “power.” Power is the energy or working of God by which we are saved
Romans 1:16 NKJV “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.”
I Corinthians 1:18, 24 NKJV “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.”
No one can explain His Power —How does the spirit get born again —how the bones in a body are formed … we cannot understand spiritual power and it’s unusual occurrences that interrupts the status quo…
Do we know Power?
What are asking for when we ask for power?
- Spending time in Gods presence will imbue you with Power –
Jesus had to delay his manifestation until he was age 30, then He went to John at the Jordan and while he was baptizing Jesus He said, “behold the lamb that takes away the sins of the world” and when He came out the water the Holy Ghost came upon Him in the form of a dove. Then there was a sound from heaven “ this is my Son, in whom I am well pleased,”
Then the Holy Spirit drove Jesus to the wilderness where he was tempted of the devil and overcame Satan, it was then recorded that ‘He then returned in the Power of the Spirit commencing his ministry. Not just returning with knowledge and illumination, as powerful as knowledge is knowledge without Devine Gracing will only turn you and I into a historian with no abilities. Our propositions which is largely what we lack as the body of Christ.
Ie. We will say that God is a lifter or He restores but that statement remains barren until we have obtained grace or empowerment, to prove it.
Jesus cursed the fig tree because it looked green and attractive, but was himself deceived by the fig tree. When he got there he found no fruit.
As followers of Christ we should not attract people without having anything to give.
From today onwards in the name of Jesus no body will ask you where is your God. The kingdom of God was built on the strength of the word of God by speaking and the performance of His power. That means that everything that God says he want to do he does. He doesn’t just say he wants to, He does it. Therefore your life must subscribe to the template where everything you say must have a component able to defend what you say… ie when you say that God is able to open a door for you, there must be a corresponding performance.
There is a desperate need in the church for people to realize that Power again so we can relate to healings etc but we have become exclusive in our thinking that power is only preserved for Pastors and apostles, we all need the power. So generally your heart doesn’t yearn for this power, leaning more to wisdom and favor but not the power because we are not in ministry…but the church that we are part of was founded on Power. After 3 years of intense mentorship you are still not qualified to go start a true church until you are embed with power. Paul tarry’s in Jerusalem until Pentecost and they were in one accord in the upper room 120 of them and a mighty rushing wind came in and appeared upon their heads were unto them cloven tongues, like to us of fire and each of them and they were all filled, not some . All were filled with the Holy Ghost and began to speak in other tongues as the spirit gave them utterance .
Hebrews 11:6 NKJV “without faith it is impossible to please God.
What exactly is the power of God… for he who comes to God must come believing that He exists and is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
It says “unto thee that answers prayer shall all flesh come” — God answers prayer ! Let Hope arise…
Let God arise and His enemies be scattered
When the enemy comes at you one way he has to flee 7 ways…
There are many things that need to go from our lives and in The name of Jesus and by faith they must go by faith and through the power of the Holy Spirit
Darkness trembles in your light and the power of prayer changes everything… praying is
When we ask for power what are we actually asking for…
- The power of God is his agency for Creation, His agency for manifestation Jeremiah 17:32“‘Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! There is nothing too difficult or too wonderful for You—”Jeremiah 32:17 AMP
- The power of God is His agency for correction– when anything should not be the factor that is released to correct that anomaly I’d called the power of God, Gods power is the anomaly to release correction. Matthew8:1-3 the leper says “can you make me clean? And Jesus said I will, the pencil and the eraser or cleaner
- The power of God is his agency for enforcing compliance Luke:4:31 teaching on the sabbath day, and his doctrine… was of a word with power—in the synagogue was a man which had a spirit of an unclean spirit and cried out with a loud voice disrupting the service saying let us alone … “ what do we have to do with you Jesus of Nazareth are you here to destroy us because we know who you are… The Holy One Of God! And Jesus rebukes him saying,” hold your peace and come out of him” and threw him on the ground among the people and didn’t hurt him not… compliance. The Bible says they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying what a word is this for with authority and power he commanded the unclean spirits and they came out or obeyed him and then the Bible’s says fame of him went out into every place of the country. Zenith is a word that’s meaning is a point that a thing that holds its most power… at its highest point, the point of power is when you speak and things obey. Genesis 1:&4 Jesus- God himself, gives us a model of power v3 where there is darkness and chaos, God says let there be light and light was, and he saw the light that it was good and it divided the light from darkness, so when you make decrees and then there is rebellion to your decree, it means your power is questionable to your decree— meaning your power is questionable. Obedience to instruction … Obedience to Decrees, is how you know that power is available within a place. The Bible says “ and you shall decree a thing and it shall be established Ecclesiastes 8.4 where the word of a king is there is power.
- What kind of power compels compliance – the Bible does not leave us in the dark. Satan is very stubborn just because scripture says it, does not mean he will obey with out force or resistance. Looking at us as if to say by what power or authority ie the sons of Skeva, their words were right but the was power that enforces the Compliance was not there. Like being around Jesus and he says jack I know but who are you. When you have a personal relationship with Jesus as you begin to understand and know the authority of his power and what it wields through experience and by faith you will speak and you will see it come to pass. Looking at Jesus you can look at a situation or circumstance and say “peace be still” was not that why Jesus said “ oh you of little faith” the Bible says he got up wiped the sleep from his eyes and said “ peace be still” and there was an instant calm,
The Word of God is the power unto salvation, by words we are saved…
The anointing Power breaks the yoke of bondage
The presence of God will imbue us with power
It starts with a prayer…
Salvation is a confession of the mouth and belief in your heart the Jesus is Lord and is the one who forgives our sins. The only way to heaven is through Jesus…he said I am the way the truth and the light and no one can come but through … he said come unto me you who are heavy laden -, I will give you rest… Jesus has His arms open toward you and is calling you to an eternal life with Him.
Prayer: Lord Jesus come into my life and forgive and remove my sins, as I make you Lord of my life…
Jesus be the Lord of my life. I put you first from today.
Thank you for saving me.
John 14:6 NKJV “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.””