STAYING THE COURSE pt 3
A heart for God
2 Timothy 4:7 KJV “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith”
– Keep Growing in Christ.
– Keep Applying His Word.
Acts 13:22-23 NKJV “And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.’ From this man’s seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior—Jesus—”
We must understand to have a “heart for God” He needs to be the one “RAISING” us.
AND SO LEARN TO HOLD TIGHTLY AND HOLD LOOSELY AT THE SAME TIME!
Isaiah 45:9 ESV ““Woe to him who strives with him who formed him, a pot among earthen pots! Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’ or ‘Your work has no handles’?”
- We believe in praying bold prayers and having dreams, it’s great to believing Gos for big things.
- But learn to let God do it His way. Hold tightly to what God puts in your heart, but Let Go of (hold loosely) to how it’s going to happen.
- Don’t get set in your ways and Don’t become discouraged because it hasn’t happened the way you thought or when you thought. HAVE FAITH THAT God is working out His plan for your life.
Mark 8:35 NKJV “For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.”
We need to be PURSUING the right things if we are to FINISH STRONG & WIN THE PRIZE!
THERE ARE NO MEDALS FOR LOSING (the catch is in the Kingdom is you can’t lose to someone else, because you are running against yourself)
I Corinthians 9:24-27 NKJV “Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.”
- To Have a heart for God you must become disciplined (disciple is a disciplined one)
- What does this look like for the Believer, it is living from your spirit man as you walk by FAITH.
II Corinthians 5:7 NKJV “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
- Faith means NOT letting your intellect and emotions control the trajectory of your life, especially your decisions.
II Corinthians 5:5-6 NKJV “Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.”
II Corinthians 5:8-11 NKJV “We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.”
- THE WORLD sees your heart as your emotional centre, but the Bible teaches your heart is your spirit man and your emotions are part of your SOUL, which is part of the inner man but not the centre or the ENGINE ROOM!
- David had a heart for God and was so blessed because he looked beyond God’s provision and desired to KNOW GOD more than anything else.
- David had a place He could go no matter what was going on in his life and around HIM, it was a place he could TOUCH the Fathers HEART.
THE SECRET PLACE:
Psalms 91:1-3 TPT “When you abide under the shadow of Shaddai, you are hidden in the strength of God Most High. He’s the hope that holds me and the stronghold to shelter me, the only God for me, and my great confidence. He will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy, and he will protect you from false accusation and any deadly curse.”
- When we spend time with Him we can walk in the Spirit and His presence goes before us and He Leads us.
- SO KEEPING Your mind renewed in the WORD is KEY, that’s how you train your SOUL (mind, Will & emotions) to follow your spirit and not let them overrule you at every turn
- It’s us depending on the anointing rather than what our own ability can do.
- God anoints is so He can RAISE Us up to be a blessing to other people and establish His Covenant and Kingdom.
So as disciples lets be like David have a heart for God and be intentional to always seek the Lord: Psalm 105:4-9 AMP “Seek, inquire of and for the Lord, and crave Him and His strength (His might and inflexibility to temptation); seek and require His face and His presence [continually] evermore. [Earnestly] remember the marvelous deeds that He has done, His miracles and wonders, the judgments and sentences which He pronounced [upon His enemies, as in Egypt]. [Ps. 78:43-51.] O you offspring of Abraham His servant, you children of Jacob, His chosen ones, He is the Lord our God; His judgments are in all the earth. He is [earnestly] mindful of His covenant and forever it is imprinted on His heart, the word which He commanded and established to a thousand generations, The covenant which He made with Abraham, and His sworn promise to Isaac, [Luke 1:72, 73.]”
Joyce Meyer: I encourage you to pray and ask God to reveal to you his unique journey He has for you, follow Him wholeheartedly and great things will happen!
- You will struggle to stay the course and become a great leader if you not first following someone whom is already doing it.
- And you can’t be lead if you don’t know how it follow instructions well.
II Timothy 3:8-10 NKJV “Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was. But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance,”
Refer to verse 5
II Timothy 3:11-13 NKJV “persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.”
II Timothy 3:14-16 NKJV “But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,”